March 24, 2020 – Following the latest news from the federal and provincial governments, we would like to inform you that all our physical offices will be closed from March 25, 2020. All our activities are maintained by the teleworking of our teams.
Although accounting services are listed as essential services, we have decided to close our physical offices to ensure the safety of our staff members, clients and the community.
March 16, 2020 – Following the latest news relating to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to inform you of the measures taken by Mazars in Canada to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff members and the continuity of our activities.
We have assembled a crisis unit, which carefully monitors developments of COVID-19 and manages the implementation of best practices within our firm to minimize the risk of contamination. Below are some steps that have been taken recently:
- Test of our systems to confirm their proper functioning for our staff working remotely;
- Cancellation of professional gatherings outside our office;
- Staff members are encouraged to work from home;
- Staff members with the slightest symptoms of flu, fever or cold are obliged to work from home;
- Staff members returning from international travel will be required to isolate themselves for a period of 14 days;
- Business travel by air for our professionals will be cancelled.
Currently, our Montreal offices remain open. Our Toronto office will be closed as of Friday, March 13, 2020. We remain on the lookout for recommendations from public health authorities. A business continuity plan has been put in place, which will allow us to offer our services to our clients without interruption.
Our crisis unit will assess the measures to be taken as the situation evolves. Other communications will follow in the coming days.