IFRS Newsletter No. 02 – 2020
Consultations will continue in 2020, with many projects listed in the IASB’s work plan.
The full economic and accounting repercussions of the crisis linked to the COVID-19 outbreak are not yet known, but meanwhile, the IBOR Reform of benchmark rates will soon come into effect.
While the crisis is absorbing a good deal of energy, the IASB has so far made only minor adjustments to its calendar and work plan.
- IFRS Highlights
- Amendments to IAS 1 on classification of liabilities as current or non-current
- IASB publishes 2020 consultation schedule
- IPTF publishes document for discussion on hyperinflationary economies
- IBOR Reform - Phase 2: summary of ongoing IASB discussions
- The IFRIC clarifies the treatment of training costs incurred to fulfil a contract with a customer
- Discussion paper on goodwill and impairment
- A Closer Look
- Exposure Draft on presentation of financial statements: a detailed look at three major proposals
- The IASB’s redeliberations on upcoming amendments to IFRS 17 are complete
- Upcoming Meetings of the IASB and the IFRS Interpretations Committee